“To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, tobe in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.” – Bill Bryson
Ever since I studied abroad in Paris, France for a month, I knew I had the travel bug. There is something so rewarding and fulfilling about going to a new place where you don’t know anyone. Through traveling, you learn about yourself. You must learn to become more patient, more courageous and more open-minded. You must learn to use what little you have. It’s amazing.
As I look forward, I know I’d still like to do more traveling. I’d like to live in Paris, France for at least 6 months in hopes to tackle one of my bucket list items and life dreams (to live in France and become fluent in French). Below are a couple things I’d still like to do. What is on your list?
- Visit Beelitz in Germany and see the abandoned hospital, Beelitz Heilstätten. (view more photos)
- Visit Spreepark (Abandoned Park in Germany)
- La Tomatina Festival (World’s Largest Tomato Fight and people stacking in Spain)
- Icehotel in Sweden
- See the Northern Lights in Alaska, Canada or wherever possible
- Blue Lagoon Hot Spring in Iceland
- Tahiti / French Polynesia
- New Zealand Mountains